Working in the Office of the Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner
The Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) is supported by a dedicated team of experienced officers whose role it is to support the Police & Crime Commissioner in delivering her policy priorities. You can find out more about the team in the office here.
The OSPCC follows the same employment procedures as Sussex Police.
Performance & Strategic Analyst
- Grade: SPA11
- Status: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Salary Grade Range: £32,796 to £36,369 per annum
- Working Hours: 37.0 hours per week
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Performance & Strategic Analyst to collate, analyse and interpret performance information from a variety of different sources and present recommendations to the Senior Management Team.
You will support the PCC and her team by providing an evidence base for strategic decisions around governance, commissioning and service design.
You will have experience in working with a range of stakeholders and information-sharing arrangements to ensure that a holistic approach to performance management is taken. With the wide-range of commissioning and performance management responsibilities held by the PCC, you will analyse both quantitative and qualitative information to ensure that commissioned agencies are providing effective and compliant services.
Applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- substantial experience in research, interpretation and analysis of complex management and performance information;
- a thorough understanding of statistical analysis, with a proven ability to convey this understanding to others through clear, concise reports and presentations;
- excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and listening skills;
- a proactive, self-disciplined approach to tasks with the ability to work in a busy environment and to tight deadlines;
- experience of using of all Microsoft Office applications, including expert user competence in Excel.
There is further information about the role of Performance & Strategic Analyst in the job description.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact either:
- Catherine Fletcher, Performance & Strategic Analyst (email@example.com or 01273 337160)
- Graham Kane, Head of Performance (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 482351)
You can apply for the role on the Sussex Police jobs portal.
- The closing date for applications is Sunday, 8 March 2020.
- Shortlisting will take place on Tuesday, 10 March 2020.
- Interviews will take place on Wednesday, 18 March 2020.
Independent Custody Visitors (ICV's) - Eastbourne, Crawley and Worthing (volunteer)
We are currently recruiting volunteers in Eastbourne, Crawley, Worthing and the surrounding areas to become part of our Independent Custody Visitor (ICV) Scheme. You can find more information, and apply online, here.